A lot of people have asked me – is glutathione soap better than kojic acid for skin lightening? Will using glutathione soap make my skin lighter a lot faster? Let’s take a look at it together.
How does glutathione works when applied directly to the skin?
- It is the major antioxidant (aka anti-aging stuff) produced by the body.
- It helps whiten the skin by stopping melanin from forming.
- Smoothens skin texture.
- Accelerates skin cell turnover.
But how does glutathione soap lighten your skin?
Applying a topical product (like soap) that contains glutathione directly into our skin helps stop melanin (dark pigments) from producing. What does this mean for you? Well, if your body stops producing dark pigments, then your skin will get lighter. The more melanin you have in your body, the darker you are. Therefore if you’re using a glutathione-based soap on her face and body, , you will eventually achieve a lighter and flawless skin tone. Micro exfoliation (skin peeling) is another benefit of using glutathione soap. It exfoliates the top layer of the skin to remove dead and dull skin cells, which cause pimples/acne. Also, microexfoliation feels like having a microdermabrasion because your skin will feel soft and smooth after.
Aside from its skin lightening effect, using a glutathione soap helps treat skin problems like melasma, hyperpigmentation, acne or pimple scars, sun spots, freckles, uneven skin tone, etc.
Things to consider before buying a Glutathione soap:
- Using a glutathione soap is safe, however, you need to know that it can dry your skin. This can be prevented by using a moisturizer (preferably a whitening cream or lotion) after using glutathione soap. Also, for faster and better results, leave it on for 2-3 minutes and gently scrub it using a loofah or sponge.
- Also, buy only a highly-concentrated glutathione soap (try Diana Stalder, $16). There are alot of glutathione soaps that are in the market right now and most are not that effective, so make sure that you buy it from a reputable company. In addition, only use the branded/labeled/boxed soaps. There are alot of unlabeled soaps out there and try not to buy these since you don’t know exactly what’s in it. One of the reasons why some whitening soaps are unlabeled is because there are harmful ingredients added to it like steroids, mercury and hydroquinone. Be very careful.
Is glutathione soap better than kojic acid soap in skin lightening?
Honestly, I still feel that kojic acid soap is way better and stronger compared to glutathione. The reason why is because kojic acid soap worked wonders for me over the years. When I say wonders – I meant it worked on removing my dark areas such as: under arms, inner thighs and it helped removed my acne scars.
Every time you use a skin lightening soap, always make sure that you do the following:
- Be consistent. Use the products everyday (read product instructions) to see maximum results.
- Be patient. You will not get lighter instantly. Skin lightening is a gradual process – it takes around 8-12 weeks of consistent use before you see results.
- Moisturize. I can’t emphasize this enough. You will need to use a strong whitening cream or lotion afterwards. NO exception.
- Stay away from the sun. This is self-explanatory.