OK so I tried a new brand of skin whitening products a week ago on my face to see if it’s going to remove my acne/facial scars and hyperpigmentation. It’s been such a long time since I used kojic soap and other skin whitening products on my skin. I would normally use whitening products on my underarms, inner thighs or butt area but not on my face since I have a sensitive skin. But I decided to try it because I couldn’t find a better way to remove facial scars fast aside from using kojic soap and whitening cream. The brand that I tried was Marie France. I bought the kojic soap, tone perfecting toner and tone perfecting creme. It was quite a bit expensive but the packaging looks good as well as the description so I decided to try for myself. Note: When I read the description in their website, it says that the kojic soap is not for people with sensitive skin but since I’m stubborn, I still bought it anyway. Here’s the thing though: for people like me with sensitive skin, you should only use the kojic soap on your skin for 5-10 seconds!!!! Otherwise, your skin is going to be red and itchy!!!!! Don’t abuse it people! I saw my face peel (or microexfoliate I should say) after 2 days of using the kojic soap and the rest of the products!!! My face felt a little bit tight and dry. I had to add more moisturizer to my skin and after that and the tight and dry feeling went away. Anyway, going back to my experience, the Tone Perfecting Toner stung a little bit whenever I use it. The Creme was great, it was alittle heavy so I had to moist my face with a little bit of water prior to putting the creme. Just to summarize, here’s how I used the products:
1. I first cleaned my face and removed my makeup using my gentle cleanser (Simple face wash). Once all the makeup was removed, I wash my face again with warm water and then used the kojic soap for 5-10 seconds. I then washed it off with cold water. Note: Always make sure that you thoroughly remove all of the kojic soap residue and do not leave it on for more than 10 seconds. Also, do not use a loofah or any kind of scrub while using kojic soap because you will over exfoliate!
2. I applied the whitening toner in an upward motion. Note: Like what I said earlier, it stung whenever I used it.
3. Last but not the least, I used a generous amount of the whitening cream.
- My face was a little red when I first used the soap but that was it. It wasn’t reddish after the first one.
- My skin felt tight. I think this was because it started the peeling process.
- My skin started peeling around the second day of using the products.
- I did get bumps (acne) after maybe the first 2 days but it dried up quickly.
- My face looked dry because it was peeling (micro exfoliating) but after putting in more moisturizer, it went away.
- Started seeing results after the 3rd day of using the products.
- Made my skin soft and smooth.
- It removed my blackheads and whiteheads.
- My acne scars and hyperpigmentation are almost gone. I will take another set of pictures in about a week or two.
Final Notes: These products worked for me for a very short time but this does not mean that it will work for everyone for the same amount of time. Always remember that we all have different skin type and sensitivity. Not everyone is the same, therefore, if you decide to use these products, then it might work within the same amount of time that it took for me or it might take longer. However, the key is patience. I would say to use the products for 6-12 weeks continuously prior to giving up. Goodluck everyone!
Where I bought my kit: http://store.mariefranceinternational.com/product-p/facialwhiteningkit.htm
Checkout my before and after pictures below…..