Learn How To Use Kojic Acid Soap And See Faster Results!

Which brand of kojic acid soap is more effective in skin whitening? There are very few brands out there that really work. Find out which one is the best by reading this article.

You’ve probably heard of the skin whitening benefits of using a kojic acid soap from your co-workers or family members and this is why you want to try it. I’ve read many reviews about it and have tried a couple of brands myself since I was in high school. I can tell you right now that it works but you need to know how to use it, which brand you need to buy and the do’s and don’ts while using this whitening soap.

What it does and how it works:

Kojic soap is a very powerful skin whitening soap made from kojic acid, which is also called Sake or Japanese rice wine.  What it does is it aggressively exfoliates the top layer of the skin to reveal a much whiter and smoother skin tone underneath. Exfoliation plays a key role in skin whitening because if the skin is not exfoliated regularly, the dead skin cells will start to build up and no matter what skin whitening product you use on your skin will simply not work. The best thing about using a kojic acid soap is it’s a skin exfoliator and whitener at the same time – it’s the only soap that you need to use to have a smoother, whiter and even skin tone.

What are the benefits of using kojic acid soap?

Aside from its skin whitening benefits, kojic soap also does these things:

• Helps remove acne/pimples and acne scars.
  • Gets rid of hyperpigmentation, melasma, dark spots and other skin blemishes.
  • Exfoliates and deeply cleanses the skin, which help get rid of blackheads, whiteheads and it also unclogs pores. Note that clogged pores can make your the appearance of your pores enlarged.
  • Evens skin tone and doesn’t make you look like you “bleached” your skin. Kojic acid soap actually gives you that “natural” lighter skin tone and this is one of its advantages. I know a lot of people (especially women) who use skin whitening products and it looks so obvious because they have a “fake white” on.
  • Gets rid of dark spots in the body especially in the underarms, buttocks, knees, elbows and inner thigh area.

The results overtime is comparable to getting a regular chemical peel and microdermabrasion combined without the downtime at a fraction of its cost.

The kojic acid soap brands that I’ve tried myself:

kojic acid soap #1. Marie France Kojic Soap – this is what I’m currently using. So far, it has exceeded my expectation. Like what I said, I’ve tried so many different brands of kojic soap but this brand is the best by far. I’m currently using it on my butt, bikini and underarms area. I also use it on my face maybe 2-3 times a week. I’m acne prone and the acne/pimples I used to have left scars of my face. It removed it and this is just a maintenance soap for me now. This is also a very strong whitening soap. The soap box says “maximum strength” and they’re right – it’s maximum strength. One of my co-workers asked me, “why is your face so much whiter that the rest of your body?” That was funny but that’s when I realized that it really works when it comes to skin whitening because when he said that to me, I’ve only been using it for one week!

Diana Stalder Papaya Kojic Soap

#2. Diana Stalder – I used this soap for maybe six months. This is not just kojic soap but papaya kojic. It did help lighten my skin but I felt that it’s kinda slow so I decided to try a different brand.

likas papaya soap#3. Likas Papaya – I remember using this soap when I was in 6th grade. Back then, I had severe acne and one of my friends who had used this brand told me to try it myself. It worked for her so I wanted to see if it’s going to work for me. Unfortunately, it broke my skin out ever more! I know that my skin type (sensitive) has something to do with it as well. We didn’t have air conditioner when I was growing up so it was hot. I stopped using this soap after a few days.

Why you should use it:

If you’re like me who have tried so many different whitening products to get rid of skin blemishes especially dark spots and uneven skin tone, then kojc soap is right for you. This is an amazing and very powerful soap! Not only it whitens your skin but it also makes it soft and smooth. It can permanently remove skin blemishes, fade old scars and even out skin tone. This is recommended for those individuals who want to have a whiter, brighter and smoother skin every day. If you want to see a huge improvement in your skin and if you want to be confidently flawless from head to toe, then you should start using kojic acid soap today.

Who should NOT use this product:

Individuals who stay under too much sunlight should not use this soap at all. The reason for this is because this soap contains kojic acid, a very powerful skin whitening agent that can produce adverse effect when used under direct sunlight. Note that if you plan on using any kind of skin whitening product (soaps, creams, toner, etc.) you should not stay under the sun anyway. Also, if you’re the kind of person who wants to see results in about 1-4 weeks, then this soap (and any whitening product) is not for you. Why? Because it’s going to take sometime before you see any effects on your skin especially if you’re really dark. However, keep in mind that there are some people who would see results earlier than most of us. Some people I know have seen results after using this type of soap only after a week or two but again, don’t count on it because their skin type is not the same as yours. My recommendation is to use kojic acid soap for about 8 weeks or longer before you give up – even dermatologists would tell you that this is the right amount of time to see if a product would work for you or not.

What you should expect:

Common side effects that are NORMAL:

Please note that all of the side effects listed below will not be experienced by everyone since we all have different skin types. Also, these side effects might last between 1-3 weeks depending on your skin sensitivity.

• Redness
  • Itchiness (use a heavy cream or lotion to prevent this from happening)
  •  “Tight Feeling”
  • Breakout (happens most of the time if you’re acne-prone)
  • Dry skin (use a heavy lotion or cream)
  •  Peeling
  • Burning/Tingling Sensation

Note: Don’t panic if you experience these side effects because it will eventually go away. It’s temporary.

When you’ll see results:  Results vary depending on your skin type and how fast your skin adapts to the active ingredients. However, it normally takes an average of 8-16 weeks before you see results.

Do’s and Don’ts:

• Do not stay under the sun.
  • Do not rub the skin if it’s itchy (add more moisturizer is the solution to itchy skin).
  • Do not leave on longer than the time frame listed below.
  • Do buy a heavy moisturizer before using the soap.

Important Information:

How to use:

• First step: Always wet your face with warm (NOT hot) water. It’s always better to use the kojic soap when your pores are open (warm water opens pores) so that it will unclog it. Wash your face like how you would normally wash it with a regular soap but be aware of the timeframe I listed below.

First Week: If this is your first time using a kojic soap, then you should only use it once a day for no more than 20 seconds. You have to let your skin get used to the kojic acid. Leaving the soap on your skin for more than the time stated above might cause redness and irritation.

Second Week: You can now use it twice a day for no more than 20 seconds each time.

Third Week and so on: It’s now ok to leave it on for 1-2 minutes and use it twice daily.

For those who have sensitive/combination type of skin, you may feel some kind of “tingling sensation.” In addition, micro peeling will occur. This is a good sign. Whenever the skin peels, it means that it’s removing the dead skin cells and replacing it with a brand new one so that it’s going to look younger, whiter and smoother.

• Second step (this is an important step): Wash your face with very cold water for about 2 minutes. Why is this important? Simply because since you opened your pores with warm water, you now have to close it with cold water. I noticed that when I finish washing my face with cold water, my pores are less visible and my skin feels a lot smoother. In addition, there’s less peeling. Maybe it’s just my skin but you should try it to and see what happens.
  • Third step: Dry your face and apply a heavy moisturizer – preferably a heavy skin whitening cream for your face and a whitening lotion for your body. Please note that kojic soap causes skin peeling. Yes, that’s that “dry skin” that you’re seeing. Don’t worry as it’s not really “drying” your skin, it’s actually peeling it to remove the dead skin so that kojic acid can penetrate your skin deeper. It also helps give you that smooth and radiant-looking skin.

Ingredients: kojic acid, papain, glycerine, vco, aloe vera, orange scent and color

Questions and Answers:

1. Who can use kojic acid soap?

Anyone can use it, however, people who stay under the sun should refrain from using this soap.

1. Can I use it on my areolas?

No. I would not suggest to use a kojic soap in this very sensitive area. It’s way too strong.

1. How long before I see results?

It depends on your skin. Results vary individually, therefore, no one can tell how long before you’ll see its lightening effect. However, this particular soap has to be used every single day (preferably twice a day) to see maximum results.

4.Can I use kojic soap on my underarms or inner thighs?

Absolutely. However, please be careful when using it in your inner thighs as you do not want the soap so be in your intimate part.

1. Once I achieve my desired results, can I stop using it?

I wouldn’t suggest to completely stop using it. What I would do is to use it as a maintenance. For example, if you’re using it 2x a day, everyday, then you should just use it 2-3 times a week for maintenance. Remember that this is a topical skin whitening product and the result isn’t permanent.

644 comments for “Learn How To Use Kojic Acid Soap And See Faster Results!

1. lucillem
    December 5, 2016 at 4:45 pm

HI WHERE WE CAN BUY THIS MF KOJIC ACID SOAP. IS THERE ANY IN STORE IN PHILIPPINES?

December 7, 2016 at 2:34 am

You should contact them directly.

2. sDh
    December 5, 2016 at 4:31 pm

I live in Delhi, India. The sun’s cruel here. But my acne scars brought me to your page. I really want to get rid of them. Do you recommend I use this soap? (The temperatures are as hight as 49 degrees during summers.)

December 7, 2016 at 2:35 am

Hello. You should only use the kojic soap if you are not staying under the sun. If you do, then I would not recommend it.

3. December 3, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Hi! Im using Iwhite Korea products and I recently bought Kojie San, been using it for 3 days now. So below is my routine in order and I would like to know if theyre just okay on my face.

Everyday
    – Kojie San
    – Iwhite Facial Wash
    – Ponds Toner
    – Iwhite water based moisturizer
    – Iwhite Facial Cream SPF15
    – Iwhite BB Cream

Im doing the same routine before sleeping except the Facial and BB cream. 2-3 times a week I use the 2-Minute Miracle Wash Off Mask to exfoliate. Im using IwhiteKorea because most of the ingredients are organic. Hope you answers. Thanks!

December 7, 2016 at 2:38 am

Personally, I think this is too much. You’re putting way too much stuff on your skin.

• December 10, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Any recommendations of what should I skip?

• December 10, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Any recommendations of what should I skip? My face is a shade or two darker than my whole body. I just want to have it even

December 16, 2016 at 1:37 am

Keep it simple. Use the kojic soap and then a whitening cream. Use sunscreen afterwards.

4. Nathra
    December 2, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Hi… I have been using 4% hydroquinone lotion to lighten up my acne marks and so far result has been great but quite slow.
    I just started using Vitamin C serum (with ferulic acid) but so far no significant improvement.
    Im planning to use glycolic acid (AHA) cleanser & toner for intensive exfoliation & gonna use 2-3 times a week. Im expecting slight peeling as part of d process.
    Right now i wanna up my game to speed up d whole process by using Kojic Acid + Gluthatione Papaya soup. Is this gonna be too much??
    I do not desire white skin & love my tanned skin but hates d post acne marks and wanna get rid of those as fast as possible.
    Any advice? Is it true that stopping hydroquinone will make my acne marks darken back to its original state? And issit okay to use ALL OF THIS TOGETHER should my face doesn’t stings or redden or get sensitive?
    Will appreciate your advice on this, thank you so much! 🙂

December 7, 2016 at 2:40 am

Yes, I do think it’s too much. The question that I have is this: how long have you been using the vitamin c serum and the aha (if you’ve started using it already)?

• Nathra
        December 7, 2016 at 2:57 am

I have just received d glycolic acid (AHA) facial cleanser and toner today, so gonna start tonight! 🙂 D hydroquinone 4% im using every night while vitamin C serum is not everyday, probly 3-4 times a week once a day, sometimes during day, other times at night. Is this okay?

December 16, 2016 at 1:37 am

Sounds good to me but are you using sunscreen?

5. russel
    November 19, 2016 at 9:09 pm

umagat gabi lang po ba ang paggamit ng kojie san soap?

December 7, 2016 at 2:44 am

oo.

6. Summer
    November 5, 2016 at 3:10 am

Hello Taylor,

I have just ordered a packet of Marie france soap and I am expecting it to arrive in about a month.
    If I use the Marie France soap for at least one year every single day, how many shades am i expected to lighten?
    my natural skin tone is a medium to light olive. My body is actually a naturally light olive, although my abdomen and butt are darker than the rest of my body.

November 8, 2016 at 1:44 am

Hi Summer. I actually can’t tell you. It’s just that I don’t know your skin type, habits, etc. and it’s impossible for me to make an accurate prediction. However, I would say that in my case, it lightened me about 2-3 shades. Note that I use a lightening lotion and doesn’t stay under the sun at all.

• Summer
        November 18, 2016 at 7:13 am

Hello Taylor,

I have received the marie france soap and have been using it for 3 days and I see no signs of tingling, burning, itching.. it seems like a normal soap for me. I understand that it says maximum strength
        Does that mean that it will still work if I continue to use it every single day even though I dont experience these side effects. I have been previously using a kojic acid soap and it worked wonders on me! even though the percentage of kojic acid was low in the soap, it lightened my face very very well. I loved the result.
        Since the marie france’s kojic acid percentage should be higher (because it states so) should I expect to see the same results with continued use?

Thanks

December 7, 2016 at 2:48 am

The only time you will experience the tingling, burning, itching, etc feeling is if:

1. Your skin is super sensitive (obviously yours is not).
          2. If this is your first time using a product with kojic acid (you had experienced it before).

It still works less the temporary “side effects.”

• lakshmi
      November 25, 2016 at 6:49 am

You cannot expect a miraculous change.i have used marie france kojic acid soap for 6 months but it just gave me maybe a shade lighter and its a way expensive too.

December 7, 2016 at 2:44 am

I agree – there’s no miraculous change especially if you’re really dark. In addition, you should always use a whitening lotion/cream with it in order for it to work. Don’t forget to stay away from sunlight too.

7. Salmaismail46@yahoo.ca
    October 27, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Hii I have suffered from acne for almost 4yrs.i still suffer from acne and it has left me with lots and lost of scaring. Like both my jaws,chin are covered in acne scars. I have tried everything nothing seems to be working.i have stopped using everything. Just water and sugar to exfoliate.my acne has dried up now I’m left with aloooot of scaring Can I use kojic soap to treat my acne and acne scars? Do u think it’s safe for me? Please help.
    Salma

October 28, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Hi. Removing acne scars is actually one of the main uses of kojic acid soap. I think it would work perfect for you. By the way, are the scars “surface” scars or “ice pick” scars?

• Salmaismail46@yahoo.ca
        October 28, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Hii the scars are normal scars I don’t know how to differentiate the two. But they are normal dark spots. I have just made my order. I’m receiving on Wednesday. Fingers crossed..

I only want to get rid of the spots on my face that were left by acne. After they all fade can I stop using the soap. Are they any effects!
        Thanks Taylor

October 30, 2016 at 12:14 am

If that’s the case, then that’s an easy fix! Yes, the soap would help get rid of those spots – remember to give it atleast 8 weeks and be patient.

• Salma
            November 2, 2016 at 11:53 am

Hi Taylor
            I have received my kojic acid soap. I have some acne around my jaws and chin. Can I start using it or do I have to wait for them to dry out?
            And can I use pure coconut oil as a moisturiser I’m currently using pure almond oil. I prefer using natural oils which one would u suggest? Please help.

Thanks.

November 8, 2016 at 1:49 am

You can start using it. I would suggest either jojoba or emu oil but it all depends on you. Not a fan of coconut oil because it makes my skin reddish for some reasons.

• Salma
                November 8, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Hi all. I have been using genuine kojic acid soap for about a week now. I have leaves with acne for so so long ican promise you that this soap has done wonders in such a short time. I’m now acne free.. Like my acne has completely gone am now left with acne scars. I have started seeing a difference on the parts where my skin is lighter like my chest going down wards. I use it the soap twice a day,leave it on for a minute or two. I use coconut oil as a moisturiser. I highly recommend it. Thanks Taylor for coming around and giving us all this much info..

November 8, 2016 at 11:36 pm

Thanks for sharing, Salma.

• Salma
        October 29, 2016 at 6:03 pm

I really don’t know how to differentiate the two but the scars are just the normal dark spots u get after ur acne has is gone. I purchased genuine kojic acid whitening soap from eBay I don’t know if it works the same as the one u have used.. They have so many kojic acid brands.
        I breast-feed twice a day my son is two years old is it safe to use the soap? Please help.

October 30, 2016 at 12:12 am

Hey Salma! That I don’t know since I am not an OB. I strongly suggest for you to contact your doctor first.

8. vidhya
    October 18, 2016 at 1:41 am

Hey Taylor. After reading your blog I purchased Marie france kojic soap. Results are amazing. Thanks to you. Now I purchased 3rd soap I see this is modified one. Yes, Marie France kojic acid soap is modified they have added alovera extract to it. Now I don’t see the dead skin cells/micropeeling skin after washing my face with new soap. Micropeeling is very low. Do you think, this new one will work like old one? Please reply.

October 25, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Since you’ve been using it for sometime, micropeeling will not be as much as it used to be since your skin has peeled enough already.

9. vidhy
    October 18, 2016 at 1:30 am

Hey Taylor, I read your blog early this year and started using Marie France kojic acid soap. Results are amazing. I can’t even express the way I am looking. Recently I received 3rd box soap. I see its been modified. Alovera extract has been added. Micro peeling is not much by using this modified soap. Do you think will this new one works same as old one?

October 25, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Hi. It does work the same. Aloe is added to lessen irritation for those with super sensitive skin.

10. Lenjunah
    October 17, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Hi! can you suggest what are the best face moisturizers to use after washing your face with kojie san/kojic acid?

October 25, 2016 at 9:23 pm

I personally love to use either jojoba or emu oil.

11. Zeenia
    October 16, 2016 at 12:27 pm

My face and neck are dark but the rest of my body is light skinned. I don’t know what happened. When I was younger my face was light skinned but as I’ve gotten older my face has gotten darker… Not sure why… I don’t really spend time in the sun and I live in the UK where it’s hardly sunny lol. I’ve just ordered some kojic acid soap from a philipino store in London… let’s see what happens. You got any advice for someone like me? Your article was very informative thank you x

October 25, 2016 at 9:27 pm

If it’s not sunlight, then it’s either your diet or the products that you are currently using on your face. What are you using right now?

• Salmaismail46@yahoo.ca
      October 27, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Hii am actually thinking about buying the soap. Could u please tell me the name of the Philippine shop. I leave in london. Thanks

October 28, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Which brand are you thinking about buying?

12. Lena
    October 11, 2016 at 5:30 am

1st time using this soap. Can I use nivea lotion after using the soap on my face or does it have to be a whitening lotion?

October 12, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Hi Lena! You can use Nivea but is it non-comedogenic (doesn’t block pores)?

• nithya
        October 18, 2016 at 1:47 am

Can you suggest me any best moisturizer that moisturize and whitens the skin. I’m using Marie France kojic acid soap. I am an Indian with dry skin. Please help me.

October 25, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Hi Nithya. The soap itself whitens the skin and I would suggest using a creme that contains alpha arbutin and niacinamide.

13. Drone
    October 7, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Is it okey to use kojic soap 3 times a day ?

October 12, 2016 at 11:58 pm

Hi Drone. You can once your skin gets used to it. Are you using or have you used kojic soap before?

14. Tahira
    October 6, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Hi I am thinking of using this soap as a few years ago I had a chemical burn on my face leaving a scar this happened with hair removal cream which had left a darkened scar on my face
    I have been trying to shrink this by using oils, papaya soap even micro needling
    Would this work for this or is my skin damaged?

October 13, 2016 at 12:00 am

HI Tahira. It might but it depends on your scar. Is it a “surface” scar, more like keloid-type or deep scar?

• Tahira
        October 13, 2016 at 2:52 am

I’m not sure of the difference
        But it is like a mark on my face

October 15, 2016 at 12:12 am

Is the scar just sitting on the face or does it have a dent (uneven surface)?

• Tahira
            October 15, 2016 at 5:17 am

It is just sitting on the surface it’s more like a mark then a scar

October 25, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Perfect. Then the soap would get rid of it. Try to use it with a whitening cream and kojic toner.

15. Uzma
    October 5, 2016 at 8:12 am

Does it really works?

October 13, 2016 at 12:02 am

It does but it really depends on the user as well. You’ve got to be consistent with it and you have to give it about 8 weeks to see results.

16. harshad
    October 3, 2016 at 11:33 am

Can I use it on my whole body?

October 13, 2016 at 12:05 am

Absolutely. It works best followed by a lotion (body) and cream (face).

17. Rafa
    October 2, 2016 at 7:51 am

Which form of kojic acid gives you the better and quicker results? I mean the “kojic acid soap” or a “kojic acid cream”..
    And did u ever try the kojic acid cream?

October 13, 2016 at 12:06 am

I prefer kojic acid soap better than cream since KA creams tend to oxidize very quickly.

18. September 27, 2016 at 3:57 am

Hi i am very faired skinned but have very dark neck and under arms I have been using Kojic acid soap for almost 6 months now Still no results on my neck and armpits but my face VERY NICE because of the kojic acid soap gives me a glow. Can you help recommend something for my neck and armpits PLEASE. Thank you

September 28, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Hi. Actually those two areas do take time before it lightens simply because the skin there is thicker compared to your face. Do you stay under the sun?

19. riya
    September 17, 2016 at 3:00 am

using kojie san soap want to
    know what cream should apply for faster result..skin oily and dull..want my skin two sahdes better..is it possble

September 28, 2016 at 9:39 pm

It is possible. There are so many creams to choose from but since you’re using Kojie San already, then I would avoid using anything that has kojic acid or glycolic in it. Stick with alpha arbutin, melawhite, gigawhite, niacinamide-filled creams. By the way, do you stay under the sun?

20. September 15, 2016 at 10:17 am

I used this profuct for three days and i was directed to use it for 5-10 minutes. I am dark and i stay under the sun for a long time.. After two days my fave started peeling and its redden some part of my face.. I stoppped using it but how do i get rid of the peels

September 28, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Hey Freddie! Never ever use it on your face for that long! That’s way too long and that’s why you’re experiencing redness. Don’t use the soap for now and just use mild soap. The redness should subside soon.

21. ada
    September 9, 2016 at 7:36 am

Am using veet gold carrot lighting lotion with crusader medicated shop. And my knuckles are very black. Now i want to know how i can get rid of those black knuckles with kojic acid. So what do i use? The shop or the cream

September 28, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Both. If you do use them together, you’ll see better results.

22. Tota
    September 6, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Hello dear
    Did you try the kojie San soap with that Japanese woman face on the white box? Which is more effective?

September 28, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Nopers. I heard it was good though.

23. aman
    September 4, 2016 at 1:11 pm

How is belo intensive whitening soap???please tell

September 28, 2016 at 9:57 pm

I’ve never tried it. I’ve tried the older version (pink and blue soap) before. I liked how it smells. Does it contain kojic acid?

24. Debrubbies
    August 26, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Hi,
    Thanks for this, its educative and enlightening, but please I have questions for you.
    Presently I am using Fair and white(so white) brightening oil with vitamin E with the fair and white so white soap, its OK for me but I think it’s not really bringing out the white shade of fairness that I want though I am naturally fair, I want to change my creame to a cream that can give me a bit of that whitening look, what do you advise?

Then secondly I suffered from pimples and acne for over 5 years or more, used lots of medications but none worked until I started using visible difference tube creame,it stopped,my face is OK with no scars nor blemish but av noticed my face scale or peels after bathing and when I stop using it for a while I get very dark, so I want to stop using the face tube cream to a cream that I can use for my entire body and face
    Somebody suggested “magic instant white kojic acid body milk” please what do you think, I used it for just one night on my face and I got this itching and hot feeling on my face then I stopped it immediately scared.

August 27, 2016 at 2:40 am

Hi. I have some questions.
      1. How long have you been using the cream that you’re applying on your face right now?
      2. Does the cream that you used for your pimples contain hydroquinone?
      3. Do you have sensitive skin?

25. Dia
    August 26, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Hi, Taylor I was wondering how often you use the soap on your butt, bikini, and underarms? Also is it safe to use armor hammer deodorant on my underarms after I wash with the Kojic soap?

August 27, 2016 at 2:42 am

Twice a day. Yes, you can use that brand but the thing is, you have to monitor your progress since a lot of deo have aluminum chloride, which is responsible for preventing odor/perspiration but it causes darkening in the underarm area.

26. Cece
    August 16, 2016 at 11:43 am

Hi, I’ve been using the kojie san soap for about 4 days now. I’m using it on darker areas such as knees, elbows, neck, inner thighs etc. Sometimes the soap drips down my leg and I’m worried that it will lighten random parts of my leg. I thought about using it all over my body just in case but then the already lightened parts of body will become even lighter and still end up looking uneven. What do you suggest?

August 21, 2016 at 11:31 pm

HI Cece. The only thing that you can do is to really try your best to avoid the areas that you don’t want to get lighter. Unfortunately, the soap is hard to “control” when you’re in the shower.

27. Tina
    August 16, 2016 at 5:13 am

Im light coloured skin person. However i ve used hydroquine cream for some time and it has darken my foot skins.
    Could you please advise me if this soap or cream may be able to restore my skin.
    Appreciate for you advice.

Look forward to hear from your office.
    Tina

August 21, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Hey Tina! Oh no that sucks… HQ does work but once you stop it then the hyperpigmentation (uneven skin tone) becomes much darker. The soap does help. Do you stay under the sun?

28. August 14, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Where can I buy the marie france brand of kojic acid. Is it available in supermarkets or only at online?

August 21, 2016 at 11:29 pm

Hey Lorraine! It’s online only.

• Nana
        October 19, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Please, where and how online can I get d Marie France cos I’ve tried getting it and I cldnt. Presently got kojie san , plsssss is kojie San ohk too?

October 25, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Where are you located?

• nana
            October 29, 2016 at 11:57 am

I live in Lagos, Nigeria.

October 30, 2016 at 12:14 am

I don’t know if anyone sells it there. PM me at beautyregimen@gmail.com

29. Sonia
    August 13, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Hi. Love ur blogs. I’m currently using ORIGINAL Kojic Acid & Glutathione Dual Whitening/Bleaching Soap 120 g. My question is is it safe for me to use any bleaching cream for lighting facial hair while using this product?
    Thanks

30. Sonia
    August 13, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Hi Taylor. Love ur blogs. I’m currently using ORIGINAL Kojic Acid & Glutathione Dual Whitening/Bleaching Soap 120 g. My question is can Is it safe for me to use jolen bleach cream while using this product for lighting my dark hair on my face?
    Thanks

August 21, 2016 at 11:28 pm

Never heard of Jolen cream so I checked it out. It seems like it’s ok to be used together but you should still read the directions on the bottle to see if it can be used in conjunction with any other topical products.

31. Sarah
    August 8, 2016 at 3:53 am

Can i cut these in little pieces to use? Will it work the same?

August 8, 2016 at 9:46 am

Absolutely.

32. Dennis
    July 28, 2016 at 12:55 am

Hi ! Does kojic soap is advisable for oily skin ?

July 29, 2016 at 11:01 pm

It depends. Is your skin sensitive?

33. chinwe
    July 27, 2016 at 11:47 am

Hy,i love your blog,pls I need a good whitening cream I can be using with the logic acid soap,i have very dry skin and a post bleaching syndrome on my skin, pls what can I use so that my skin wil rhyme?

July 28, 2016 at 12:39 am

Hi Chinwe. What is a post bleaching syndrome?

34. Lila
    July 25, 2016 at 7:45 am

hello,
    im lila
    i go to school everyday(17 years) and when you go out everyday, you get exposed to sun right? i am indoors for hours though and i try my best not to sit under direct sunlight…. should i wear sunscreen?

July 28, 2016 at 12:40 am

Absolutely. Even if you stay under the sun for only 2 minutes, you still should have a sunscreen on.

35. Amit kasaudhan
    July 16, 2016 at 3:53 am

Hii..
    I m amit
    I m suffering from acne and pimpals on my face ..;lz suggeste me what should i do..

July 17, 2016 at 12:42 am

Hi Amit! What are you currently using on your face?

36. A M M
    July 15, 2016 at 4:01 pm

does the soap has any effect on pregnancy

July 17, 2016 at 12:42 am

That I do not know. But I wouldn’t use it while pregnant. Wait til you have the baby.

37. Dania
    July 10, 2016 at 1:33 am

Hi… Is it okey if I use kojic acid soap with a face sponge to wash my face everyday? A little scrub to remove make up?

July 12, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Hi Dania. Yes, you can but here’s what I suggest: use a makeup remover to remove your makeup first and then wash your face with the kojic soap.

38. Summer
    June 20, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Hi! i love your posts they’re so informative
    I have been using kojic acid for whout 2.5 months now
    and ive seen results mainly on areas where i am already lighter, such as my
    arms, chest, face etc .. the areas of my body that remain dark are
    stomach, butt, inner thighs and back area.. ive probably noticed
    very slight lightening but i am not giving up on it, I have read a review
    of a girl who has has been using it for 2+ years and she is waaaaay
    darker than me and she has seen great results.
    I am also planning on buying the Marie france soap but i am currently using
    the normal Kojie san soap with the picture of ageisha on it.

Are there any suggestions you could give me to speed up the process?
    I am using it for 10-20 mins every day.

July 12, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Hi Summer. You should also try using a whitening scrub and apply either whitening lotion or creme in the area that you’re trying to lighten.

39. June 14, 2016 at 11:24 am

Which toner and moisturiser suits best with Marie France kojic acid soap

July 12, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Sorry but I really can’t answer that. It really depends on your skin.

40. Jen
    June 8, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Hello. I am from a tropical country. I want to have a lighter skin but im not that dark. But everytime i use kojic soaps, my skin looks darker after thats why i dont continue using kojic soaps. Actually, all of whitening soaps, thats always the result, i get darker. Is it normal? Should i continue using it?

June 9, 2016 at 8:00 am

Hey Jen. If you are experiencing adverse effects, then you should stop using it and try other products with active ingredients like glutathione, vitamin c and alpha arbutin.

• Jen
        June 9, 2016 at 8:02 am

Alright i will! Thanks for the tips and reply. Much love

• vidhya
        June 29, 2016 at 12:49 pm

I’ m using Marie France kojic acid soap from past one month.now the soap is melting and has become soft.Can I use the soft part of the soap.does it have same whitening effect??

July 12, 2016 at 11:39 pm

Hi Vidhya. Yes, but next time, please put it in a ziploc and don’t leave it in the shower.

41. lea
    June 8, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Hi i just wanted to ask some few question about kojic san soap, i use kojic once a day for the first timer.. Its that right?, because usually i wash my face twice a day, so isnt good if i use other soap to wash my face.. Because i only apply kojic san soap at evening. And in the morning other soap. Because im just following what was written directions above this comments.

June 9, 2016 at 8:00 am

That’s fine. Let your skin get used to it and then use it twice a day.

• Naznin Ahammed
        June 30, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Mam i have used this soap for just 2 alternate days. But i found small blisters with little itchiness all over my body. After that i stopped using the soap. But the blisters are not gone while 4days passed. What should i do? Can i use the soap again?

July 12, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Hello! I’ve experienced those before. That means that you didn’t apply moisturizer on your skin. Try to use a super thick moisturizer like Lubriderm. It works great with kojic soap in terms of moisturizing the skin.

42. princess sarah del mundo
    June 8, 2016 at 8:01 pm

i am only 13 can i use the kojic soap

June 9, 2016 at 8:01 am

Your skin might be too young for it. What’s your skin problem?

43. princess sarah del mundo
    June 8, 2016 at 8:00 pm

i am 13 years old only can i use kojic soap?

July 12, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Hi Princess. You may be too young.

44. June 5, 2016 at 8:08 am

Hi i read all your post , i have one question that if using kojic acid soap in future will get any side effects or any skin problems(i:e, Skin cancer) most of them are saying if using strengthening skin lightening products wil get skin problem? its true ? Kindly clarify my doubts after u r replay only i try to use this soap, thanks

July 12, 2016 at 11:51 pm

I’ve actually never heard of anyone getting cancer because of kojic acid. However, I’ve heard a lot of stories about people getting skin cancer because of staying under the sun. I think the most important thing is to avoid sunlight at all cost.

45. chioma
    June 3, 2016 at 5:59 am

46. Chris
    June 2, 2016 at 3:25 am

should i use kojic acid soap all over my body or only on affected areas (darkened body parts)

July 12, 2016 at 11:56 pm

It really depends on you but you can use it all over your body – just avoid those very intimate areas.

47. Ivy
    May 30, 2016 at 6:51 am

Hello is it ok if il just use it on my problem areas only? I hv only have pimples on my right cheek and jawline . will my face look uneven?

July 12, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Hi ivy. You can use it on your problem areas only but just watch it carefully. Once it’s even, then just use the soap for maintenance.

48. Isaiah
    May 27, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Hi I just ordered the soap. Question, which kind of soap should I use after taking a shower.

July 12, 2016 at 11:58 pm

The kojic soap should always be last.

49. dat Boi
    May 23, 2016 at 10:17 am

Hello! I have been using kojic acid soaps for exfoliating since last year and have been loving the results! Whenever I get a pretty unneven face texture I put it on for a minute or two then wash it off. Yesterday morning I tried lathering the foam longer than usual on my face but instead it made my face bumpier than ever! Should I go for a more gentle facial wash for a while? I’m scared that since my skin has become very irritated from the kojic acid it might not respond well and need to take a bit/some time before I could go back using it. But the soap is the only thing that has helped even out rashes and bumps on my face. Help will be very appreciated!

July 13, 2016 at 12:02 am

Hi. Please do not use the soap longer than usual. This is not right and you will not get faster results by doing this. Stop using the soap for now and just use something really mild.

Comments are closed.