How do I get rid of dark inner thighs? This is a question that many women would like to get an answer. In this article, I created a step-by-step guide on what I did to get rid of my dark inner thighs. Before and after pictures are real.
Dark Inner Thighs: How to lighten and get rid of it in 1 week
Step 1: Peel the dark skin away.
The first step I did was used the peeling oil that came with the inner thigh whitening kit. The peeling oil removed the top layer of the skin, which helped the other whitening products to penetrate my skin deeper.
Here’s one thing that you need to know about the macroexfoliator: if your inner thighs are more than two shades darker than your normal skin tone, then you might need to redo the application two months later.
In my case, since my inner thighs were five times darker than my skin tone, I had to redo the process about 2 months later to finally get the results I’m trying to achieve.
Now here’s a little bit of a problem with this peel: you can’t do too much activities (like walking, running, etc.) while you’re doing the treatment. If you’re like me who actually likes to go to the gym almost every day, then you will need to chill out for maybe 2 weeks before you can go running. You have to avoid too much friction in the area as it can cause post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.
I was surprised because I noticed a big difference just after 1 week. I would say that my inner thighs were maybe about 2 shades lighter after the peel.
I want to be honest – my inner thighs were still darker compared to my natural skin tone even after the peel but there was definitely a difference. Better results came after I did my second application.
Step 2. Use a whitening soap everyday (twice a day and be consistent)!
The kit came with a kojic acid soap that’s made specifically for darker skin tone so this was what I used after all of the dark skin have peeled off.
Please understand that you should not use the soap while the skin is peeling or healing. The soap should only be used AFTER the skin is completely healed (about 2 weeks or so).
Honestly, I love this soap! I just didn’t use it on my inner thighs but also on my face and the rest of my body. What’s special about this is the fact that it’s a combination of kojic acid and papain, which means exfoliation and skin lightening at the same time.
Here’s the downside: it tingles a little bit. I leave it on for at least 2-3 minutes (on my inner thighs but not on my face) then I gently scrub it. It works but consistency is the key.
You’ll feel that tingling feeling due to the high concentration of kojic acid in it. Anyway, you’ll really see the skin exfoliates (or peel I should say), but make sure that you use the whitening cream or a heavy moisturizer right after because this might dry your skin.
Step 3: Use a skin lightening cream consistently.
I used the lightening cream that came with the kit in twice a day. I put a thin layer on my inner thighs after washing it with kojic soap.
One thing I want to point out is that you have to remember that you need to be consistent and patient with skin lightening. This is not something that can be done within 24 hours especially if the area that you’re trying to whiten is really dark.
Constant use of skin lightening products may help to get rid of your dark inner thighs permanently. I still use the kojic soap and the cream every day to prevent the dark skin from coming back.
Before and after pictures:
WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COPY OUR PHOTOS BELOW. Otherwise, we will report you and file a notice of Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) infringement with ALL search engines such as Google, Yahoo and others to have your site/s removed from their search results. We have apprehended ten websites for plagiarism already. Let this be a warning.
Other ways to get rid of dark inner thighs:
- Do thigh exercises – this will help you create a thigh gap, which would prevent your inner thighs from rubbing together. The friction from your inner thighs rubbing together is the number one reason why you have dark inner thighs.
- Avoid tight and dark jeans – some jeans can cause dark inner thighs because the “color bleeds.”
- Do not use the same razor over and over – using the same razor can damage the skin and cause uneven skin tone in the inner thigh area.
Causes of dark inner thighs:
- Your wear a lot of tight and dark-colored jeans. Stop wearing tight and dark clothing like skinny jeans! This is the main reason why your inner thighs are discolored. Avoid wearing this type of clothing as much as possible. Unfortunately, wearing this kind of clothing causes too much friction in the inner thigh.
- You don’t have a thigh gap. This is also another reason why your inner thighs are really dark. Unfortunately, this is very common especially to overweight individuals.
- Too much shaving and using old razors. Women are naturally vain and want to be as hairless as possible in their sensitive and intimate areas and that’s totally understandable. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with shaving your inner thighs but you have to make sure that you use brand new razors all the time. The reason for this is because if you keep on using the same razor over and over again, it will start irritating your skin and it will cause skin darkening. I would recommend waxing hair between thighs to decrease irritation.
- You get brazilian wax – I get this done all the time but then I started noticing that my inner thighs and butt areas are getting darker. Why? It’s because my aesthetician started using low-class wax (to save money) and it started to irritate my skin. I started getting a lot of ingrown hair in the areas, which turned into scars. I know how tempting it could be especially if you’re seeing a lot of discounts for waxing, but please make sure that you go to a reputable salon because it would cost you more to whiten the dark area compared to the cost of the wax service itself.
- You walk too much. Friction from too much adipose or fat tissues of the skin causes heat once you’re in a moving activity most of the time. Also, sweat has salt and uric acid component that once it dries can lead to skin darkening.
- Medication – some medications can definitely discolor your skin depending on how your body reacts to it. When you start noticing the difference in your skin tone, make sure that you contact your doctor right away.
- Hormones – this is most common especially if you just had a baby. Sometimes the dark areas would go away after a few months of having a baby, but if it doesn’t, then it’s time to do something about it.
What else you should know:
You should only use this product only if you can follow the directions thoroughly.
Who should NOT use this product:
- You should not use this product if you have extremely sensitive skin and if you cannot follow the directions from top to bottom.
- African Americans and Asians are prone to skin darkening and I would strongly suggest to avoid using the peeling oil as it could potentially cause post inflammatory hyper pigmentation. I would suggest to use a whitening scrub, cream and soap instead.
What you should expect from using the whitening kit:
- Your skin is going to be red (for most people, not all) while doing the treatment.
- The area that you’re treating might be itchy and dry (apply Vaseline) several times daily and don’t scratch it if it’s itching.
- Don’t expect to see great results especially if you have super dark inner thighs (this is not magic). What you need to do is to redo the peel after 3-4 months but make sure that you keep on using the kojic soap and cream that came with it twice a day. Continue using these products until you’re ready to redo the peeling part.
- I saw a difference in my skin tone right after using the peeling oil. If you follow the directions that come with the kit, you may experience the same. However, note that every skin type reacts differently. I cannot tell you if the product would work for you or not.
- Dark inner thighs are hard to get rid of especially if you don’t have a thigh gap. Be patient.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do follow the directions carefully and thoroughly. The kit that I got contains the peeling oil and it took weeks (literally) before I was able to get back to my normal activities. The main thing about using the kit is you shouldn’t do anything that would make the inner thighs rub together. The instructions are actually listed in the product’s website.
- Buy a heavy moisturizer like Vaseline to use while you’re doing the treatment and while the skin is peeling.
- Ask questions if you are unclear on the instructions.
- Don’t do any kind of physical activities that would cause for the inner thighs to rub too much as this might cause hyper pigmentation.
- Not to be used on sensitive skin.
- Don’t use on broken or irritated skin.
- Don’t stay under the sun while doing the 3-day treatment and while the skin is peeling.
This kit may cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation to those who do not follow the instructions on how to use plus the before and after care. You should only use the product after reading all the necessary information. If you have sensitive skin or if you are Black or Asian, then I’d personally suggest using the kojic soap, cream and probably the scrub to lighten the dark area.
I would say that I probably used the products (soap and cream) for at least 3-4 weeks before it finally ‘wowed’ me. Keep in mind that I used it every day so you better be patient if you really want to see a difference. I’m really happy that I finally got rid of my dark inner thighs.
Another thing is, the kit can also be used on butt and bikini area.
#1. Red bumps
If you’re experiencing Red bumps after using the peeling oil, this is due to either of the following:
a.) You walked too much or did a lot of physical activities while doing the treatment and while it’s peeling. I would strongly advise not to do any kind of physical activities especially walking since it causes too much friction. Remember that you just did a chemical peel in your intimate area and too much friction around it is a big no-no as it will irritate the skin badly.
b.) You wore tight clothing. Again, wearing tight clothing causes too much friction, which will cause skin irritation.
When the peel sheds a layer of your skin, you do not want the “new” skin to be irritated as it will cause Red bumps and possibly skin darkening.
The skin will be itchy so you need to buy hydrocortisone cream PRIOR to using the peel.
#3. Skin darkening after using the peel
Here are the reasons why you’re experiencing it:
a.) You applied too much peeling oil on your skin.
b.) Your skin experienced too much friction while the skin is peeling. Like what I stated in the “Red bumps” problem, you should avoid too much walking and prevent yourself from wearing tight clothing while on the treatment. Friction is a huge NO-NO when doing the treatment.
c.) You used the soap and creme that came with the kit right after the skin is done peeling. You should have waited for the skin to completely heal prior to using any other products as the new skin is still very sensitive. Only use very mild soap in the area that you’re treating and wait until after a week or two before you use the kojic soap and whitening cream.
d.) You have sensitive skin or you are Asian or Black-descent. I would strongly suggest to using the rest of the products except the peeling oil since it has the Asian and Black skin has the tendency to be extremely sensitive.
#4. Did it hurt when it started peeling?
Answer: No, it didn’t. It won’t hurt unless you force the skin to peel. I did use tweezers to help remove some of the skin that’s obviously dead.
#5. What can I do to lessen the itchiness?
Answer: Use hydrocortisone cream. When I did the peeling, it itched on the 2nd and 3rd day but after I put the hydrocortisone cream, everything was fine.
#6. How long did it peel?
Answer: Mine was like 7 days or so.
#7. Is this really going to whiten my dark inner thighs and butt area in a week?
Answer: The Marie France butt whitening kit is very strong like the ones in the derma office. When I did the process on my own skin, it did whiten in a week after using the products but I can only talk about myself since I do not know your skin type and how dark the area is. I would suggest for you to give it a try.
#8. What else did you do after the using the products? Should I buy addition cream and soap?
Answer: The only thing I did was I used the kojic soap and the tone perfecting creme day and night. I would suggest for you to do so because you will need to use it everyday to prevent the dark skin from coming back.
#9. Is it permanent?
Answer: It can be especially if you use the kojic soap and whitening cream twice a day. Remember that if your inner thighs rub together, this will cause friction and turns to skin darkening. The only way to avoid this is to use the whitening cream and kojic soap everyday to avoid the dark skin from coming back.
#10. I want to whiten my dark butt hole and when I read the instructions, I cannot use it on that area. What else can I do? I really want to lighten it.
Answer: Yeah the butt whitening kit cannot be used on those extremely moist areas but what you can do is use their skin whitening cream AM and PM. It will probably takes several weeks for you to see results but you just need to be patient.
Skin darkening/hyper pigmentation is a temporary reaction to the peel. It will eventually go away after a few weeks or so. Again, do not use anything harsh on the skin and just use very mild soap.
Just to recap, please make sure that you understand the following instructions before using the peeling oil:
1. Individuals with sensitive skin or with Black or Asian descent should try to use the rest of the products except the peeling oil. However, if you still want to use the oil, then start it with once a day application for three days and see what happens.
2. Do not do too much physical work (too much walking, exercising) and do not wear tight clothing while doing the treatment and while the skin is peeling. Wait until after it’s completely healed before returning to normal activities.
3. Do not use the soap and creme right after the skin has peeled. Wait until after a week or two (while it’s healed) before using these products.
PLEASE READ: Peeling occurs 1-7 days AFTER the last time that you used the Macroexfoliator (peeling oil). YOU WILL NOT SEE YOUR SKIN PEEL RIGHT AWAY WHILE DOING THE 3-DAY PEELING PROCESS. IT WILL TAKE 1-7 DAYS AFTER YOU USE THE PEELING OIL FOR YOU TO SEE IT PEELING!!!! IF YOU LIVE IN A COLD AREA, THIS WILL DELAY IT EVEN MORE. DON’T USE ANY SOAP, CREAMS OR LOTIONS ON THE AREA THAT YOU’RE PEELING (EXCEPT HYDROCORTISONE IF IT’S ITCHY OR PETROLEUM JELLY), OTHERWISE, IT WILL STOP THE PEELING PROCESS! ONLY WASH THE AREA WITH WATER! I CANNOT EMPHASIZED THIS ENOUGH: READ THE DIRECTIONS FIRST, THE DO’S AND DONT’S AND OTHER INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE PRODUCT USAGE BEFORE YOU START YOUR PEELING SESSION! I’VE RECEIVED QUITE A FEW EMAILS FROM PEOPLE COMPLAINING THAT THEY ARE NOT SEEING ANY PEELING AND IT TURNS OUT IT’S BECAUSE THEY EITHER DIDN’T FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY OR THEY ARE BEING IMPATIENT WAITING FOR IT TO PEEL!!!! PLEASE GUYS…READ, READ, READ.